Die Cutting Services at MBK Tape Solutions
MBK Tape Solutions has a broad range of die-cutting capabilities for a variety of materials, including fabrics, foils, foams, films, and other substrates with or without adhesive backings. Our expertise and commitment to customer service allows us to deliver superior products that meet your needs and specifications.
Choose MBK for Custom Die Cutting & More!
We provide flatbed or steel rule die cutting, rotary die cutting, and laser cutting services, determined by the material, tolerance, and quantity requirements. Among the methods of die cutting provided by MBK Tape Solutions are:
Rotary Die Cutting
Rotary die cutting is a process in which a roll of material is fed through a press containing a die station, in turn, cutting the material to a precise size and shape every time. It is very efficient, as it allows multiple materials to be introduced and removed throughout the process, and can cut through multiple layers at once, creating several identical pieces rapidly. Rotary die cutting is ideal for engineering applications that require multiple intricate parts of precise size and shape.
Flatbed Die Cutting/Steel Rule Die Cutting
Flatbed die cutting is a great way to cut shapes through extremely thick material or material supplied in sheet form. It allows for precision die cutting of custom contours and designs in a wide variety of materials, including composites, laminates, neoprene, metal, paper, plastic, and rubber. Steel rule die cutting creates shapes from stock materials by placing them on a flatbed die cutting press and pressing the cutting tool, or steel rule die, into the material.
Benefits of using flatbed or steel rule die cutting include:
- Lower volumes
- Compatibility with a variety of materials
Utilizing the methods of cut-through or cut-to-liner, also referred to as kiss-cutting and through-cutting, we can die cut materials into any shape or size and offer products as individual pieces, on rolls, or on individual pads or sheets. Kiss cutting creates multi-layered shapes in materials without piercing the liner or bottom layer. This process allows the user to easily peel and stick products without having to remove the protective liner every time. Furthermore, the process uses a sharp blade to quickly and reliably create pressure-sensitive adhesive products.
At MBK Tape Solutions, our die cutting services encompass every step of the production process from concept through delivery. When you work with our team, we will partner with you through the following phases:
- Concept. In the concept phase, we'll discuss the materials, performance specifications, environmental considerations, quantity, usage, and timeline for your custom die cutting project.
- Product design. In collaboration with your engineers and designers, our specialists will make sure that you have everything you need to complete the design, from CAD drawings, samples, prototypes and more.
- Production. MBK will determine the best die cutting method for your materials and desired results. MBK will then get custom tooling made specific to your design. Our custom manufacturing services offer quick turnaround times to meet your schedule, and we can also accommodate rushed orders.
- Delivery. The delivery phase encompasses several service offerings from shipping your orders in incremental amounts or large lots, inventory management and complete turnkey product fulfillment.
Our ISO 9001 certification combined with our stringent quality assurance protocol ensures optimal quality for your finished products. As part of our commitment to customer satisfaction, we offer competitive pricing, high levels of consistency, and outstanding service to all of our customers.
Precision Die Cutting Services from MBK Tape Solutions
From simple perforations to multi-layered component parts, MBK will precision cut to your specifications. Custom die cut parts are used in a variety of applications including medical, electronics, and gaskets. Die cut tapes reduce labor, waste, assembly time, and ensure a more uniform finished product.
When quality and personalized service are critical for your projects, the MBK team is here to help. With almost half a century of experience, we've perfected the art of precision die cutting. Our long-term relationships with our clients illustrates our commitment to providing outstanding results. We look forward to partnering with you to overcome your design challenges and deliver the highest quality precision die cut products that meet or exceed your requirements.
Die Cutting Services Gallery
Die Cutting Capabilities
- Die Cutting Methods
- Rotary Die Cutting
- Flatbed Die Cutting
- Steel Rule Die Cutting
- Laser Die Cutting
- Punch Press
- Minimum- ±0.0625 in (1.6 mm)
Maximum- 60 in (1524 mm)
- Minimum- 0.125 in (3.175 mm)
Maximum- 60 in (1524 mm)
- Minimum- 0.0005 in (0.0127 mm)
Maximum- 4 in (101.6 mm)
- Minimum- ±0.0625 in (1.6 mm)
Maximum- 36 in (914 mm)
- Minimum- 0 lb (0 kg)
Maximum- 500 lb (226.79 kg)
- ± 0.005 in (± 0.127 mm) Varies with material.
- Die Cutting Materials
- Adhesive Transfer Tapes
- Single Coated Tapes
- Double Coated Tapes
- Cloth / Fabric
- Magnetic Tape
- Release Liners
- Production Volume
- Minimum- 1 Unit Maximum- Unlimited
- Low Volume / Small Run
- Large Scale Production Volume / High Volume / Large Run
- Lead Times
- Quoted on Job by Job Basis
- 24 Hour Turn Around Time Available
- Emergency Services Available
- Rush Services Available
- Additional Services Provided
- Cleanroom Die Cutting
- Film Laminating
- File Formats
- AutoCAD (DWG,DWZ)
BMP - Bit Mapped Graphics
DXF - Drawing Interchange Format, or Drawing Exchange Format
GIF - Graphics Interchange Format
JPG or JEPG - Joint Photographic Experts Group
PDF - Portable Document Format
TIFF - Tagged Image File Format
APPLICATIONS AND INDUSTRIES
- Markets Served
- Building - Construction, Fenestration, Carpet, Glazing, Tile, Woodworking
- Display - Point of Purchase Display, Graphic Display, Signage
- Electrical - Lighting
- Electronics - Appliances, Computers, Telecommunications
- Entertainment & Hospitality - Exhibitions, Conventions
- Food Processing - Beverage, Agriculture, Fishing, Meat, Dairy
- Government - Aerospace, Defense, Education
- Manufacturing - Converters, Fabricators, Extruders, Furniture, Textiles, Machinery
- Medical & Health Care
- Printing & Labeling
- Personal Care - Beauty Care, Fashion
- Recreation - Athletic Goods, Sporting Goods, Arts & Crafts, Rubber Stamps, Toys, Games, Books
- Renewable Energy - Batteries, Solar, Wind
- Transportation - Aircraft, Automotive, Buses, Trucks, Trailers, Marine Craft, Recreation Vehicles, Trains
- Industry Standards
- ANSI - American National Standards Institute
AS - Aerospace Industry Standard
ASTM - American Society for Testing and Materials
CSA - Canadian Standards Association
FAA - Federal Aviation Administration
FDA - Food And Drug Administration
ISO - International Organization for Standardization
Mil - Spec-Military Specifications
RoHS - Restriction Of Hazardous Substances (Compliant)