Films and Film Tape
Film Tape, also known as Plastic Tape or Plastic Film consists of uniform, homogeneous, non-fibrous synthetic webs of Polyester, Polyethylene, Polyurethane, Polypropylene, Polyimide/Kapton®, Polycarbonate/Lexan®, PTFE, Vinyl (PVC and UPVC) and many more substrates. Films are available plain (without adhesive) or with acrylic, rubber or silicone adhesive on one or both sides and in any combination.
Film materials are typically used for surface protection, identification, safety, bonding, splicing, electrical, medical, and packaging applications.
Polyester (PET) Films & Tapes
Polyester Films, also known as Mylar®, are flexible and dimensional stable, making it hard to tear. Typically resistant to high-temperature and UV, it is often used for electrical insulation, surface protection and packaging. Available with or without adhesive and in a variety of finishes, from clear to silver and many other colors or tints.
- Mylar® Polyester Film - a DuPont™ brand
- Metalized Polyester Film
- PET Polyethylene Film
- APET Polyethylene Teraphthalate Film - thermoplastic polyester
- PETG Polyester Teraphthalate Glycol Film - thermoplastic co-polyester
- Valox® Polyester - a GE Plastics brand of thermoplastic polyester based on Polybutylene Terephthalate PBT and/or Polyethylene Terephthalate PET polymers.
Polyethylene (PE) Films & Tapes
Polyethylene Films are the most common plastic, and an environmentally friendly alternative to PVC. Offering flexiblity, conformability, and excellent chemical resistance, these films are used in a range of applications from surface protection to packaging to application tape. Polyethylene film is available with or without adhesive and various grades of densities.
- LDPE Low Density Polyethylene Film
- MDPE Medium Density Polyethylene Film
- HDPE High Density Polyethylene Film
- UHMW PE Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene Film - a low coefficient of friction providing a smooth slick low wear surface
Polycarbonate (PC) Films & Tapes
Polycarbonate Films, also known as Lexan® (a Sabic/General Electric Plastics™ brand) offers excellent clarity or matte and textured finishes in all thicknesses. Often used in graphic art and printing applications. Available with or without adhesive.
Polyimide (PI) Films & Tapes
Polyimide Films, also known as Kapton® (a DuPont™ brand), are transparent, high temperature resistant and leave minimal residue. Available in custom sizes and with or without adhesive on one or both sides.
Polypropylene (PP) Film Tapes
Polypropylene Films are normally tough, flexible, recyclable and resistant to fatigue. Depending on the chemistry, polypropylene films are often used for electrical insulation or packaging applications, such as Carton Sealing Tapes, Tamper Evident Tapes and Strapping Tapes. Polypropylene films are available with or without adhesive. For custom printed tape, please request Custom Quote.
- BoPP Bi-axial Oriented Polypropylene Film - Carton Sealing Tape & Tamper Evident Tape
- MoPP Mono-axial-Oriented Polypropylene Film - Strapping & Bundling Tape
- TPP Tensilized Polypropylene Film - Strapping Tape
- Fiberglass Reinforced Filament Polypropylene Film - Strapping Tape
- Formex® Polypropylene Film - ITW brand that is flame retardant often used for electrical insulation.
Polyurethane (PU) Films & Tapes
Polyurethane Films and Tapes are commonly referred to as Urethane Film, PU Film and TPU Film. Due to it's overall strength, low temperature flexibility and elongation qualities, it is often used in the medical, food, transportation and industrial markets. This transparent and elastic film contains no plasticizers, so it retains most of its performance characteristics in long-term applications and can also be formulated for demanding outdoor applications. Polyurethane Films are available in various hardnesses, measured in durometers. Higher durometer grades yield a tough product with excellent moisture, chemical and abrasive resistance, while lower durometer grades are softer to the touch and ideal for medical applications.
- PU Polyurethane Film
- TPU Thermoplastic Polyurethane - a block copolymer with no cross links, making it extremely flexible, elastic, transparent, durable and resistant towards oils and abrasion resistance.
- Urethane Film
- PU Polyurethane Film
PTFE Polytetrafluoroethylene Film Tape
TFE or PTFE Polytetrafluorethylene Film, also known as DuPont™ Teflon®, has high dielectric strength and excellent resistance to temperature, abrasion and chemicals. Used for heat and electrical sealing, it is often referred to as Thread Seal Tape or Plumbers Tape.
- Extruded PTFE Polytetrafluorethylene Film - excellent chemical and high temperature resistance
- Skived PTFE Polytetrafluorethylene Film - used for electrical insulations and slick surface applications
- Teflon® PTFE Polytetrafluorethylene Film - DuPont™ brand known for exceptional resistance to high temperatures, chemicals, corrosion and stress-cracking.
- FEP Fluorinated Ethylene Propylene Film - excellent high electric strength, low friction, formidable, transparent and UV resistant, often used for insulation and labels
Vinyl (PVC) Films & Tapes
Vinyl Films, also known as PVC Polyvinyl Chloride Films, are typically moisture and chemical resistant, and can be produced in both rigid and soft configurations. Rigid PVC is mainly used for sealing and soft or flexible PVC is used for marking, insulating and electrical applications. Vinyl Films are often referred to as Electro-Plating Tape, Electrical Tape, Hazard Stripe Tape, Pipe Wire Tape, and Lithographer’s Tape. Available with or without adhesive and various colors.
- PVC Plasticized Polyvinyl Chloride Film - flexible thermoplastic polymer
- SPVC Solid Polyvinyl Chloride Film - often used for safety or color coding.
- UPVC Unplastized Polyvinyl Chloride Film - also known as Rigid PVC is highly resistant to chemicals, UV and solvents.
- EVA Ethylene Vinyl Acetate Film
- PVF Polyvinyl Fluoride Film
- Tedlar® PVF Polyvinyl Fluoride Film - DuPont™ brand that has unique properties including excellent resistance to weathering, outstanding mechanical properties and inertness towards a wide
Medical Films & Tapes
Medical Films & Medical Tapes are available without adhesive or with a single or double coated medical grade adhesive, including hydrocolloid, hydrogel, hypoallergenic, hydrophilic and hydrophobic adhesives. Primarily used for wound care, ostomy, electromedical and surgical/medical device applications
More Film Tapes
If an item is not listed, please Call MBK or Request Information (RFQ/RFI) for availability.
- Acetate Film
- Acrylic Film
- Co-Extruded Film
- Cellophane Film
- Nylon Film
- Polyolefin Film
- Polystyrene Film
- TPE Thermoplastic Elastomer - generally a low modulus, flexible material that can be stretched repeately without any permanent deformation. This soft rubber like material is permeable to water vapor, breathable and easy to process.
- Valox® PBT Polybutylene Terephthalate Flame Retardant Film - General Electric brand that offers good temperature performance and outstanding dielectric strength used for a wide range of electrical, electronic and medical applications.