Foams and Foam Tape
Foam consists of soft, cushiony natural or synthetic materials such as Acrylic, Polyethylene, Urethane (Polyurethane/Poron®), Sponge Rubber (Neoprene, EPDM, SBR), Vinyl and more. Open and closed cell foams are available plain (without adhesive) or with acrylic, rubber or silicone adhesive on one or both sides and in any combination.
Depending on the chemistry and construction makeup, foam materials are commonly used for mounting, gasketing, sealing, weather-stripping, industrial and medical applications. For example, urethane foam tapes cushion, seal, dampen sound and absorb vibration. Vinyl foam tapes are durable, weather-resistant and remain flexible on exposure to extreme temperature and light. Closed cell foams do not absorb water and are excellent for outdoor applications.
Acrylic Foam Tapes
Acrylic Foams, often referred to as VHB Foam Tapes, offer outstanding visco-elastic characteristics and excellent resistance to many environmental elements, such as sunlight, ozone, temperature, and water, makes it ideal for long-lasting, ultra high end or extreme outdoor bonding applications. Available from .015" to .120" thickness and in clear, white, gray and black.
Polyethylene (PE) Foam Tapes
Polyethylene Foam is a strong and resilient closed-cell foam. Ideally suited for indoor applications requiring shock absorption, insulation, cushioning, vibration and sound damping such as in the packaging, aerospace, floatation, recreation, construction and appliance industries. Foam sheets are available plain or with acrylic or rubber adhesive in different thicknesses, densities and colors.
- Micro-cellular Cross-linked Polyethylene Foam - also known as EVA
- Chemically Cross-linked Polyethylene Foam - also known as PEX and has the capacity to protect class "A" surfaces
- Cross-linked Polyethylene Foam - offers superior physical and chemical properties.
- Volara® Polyethylene Foam - Sekisui™ Voltek™ brand of archival quality irradiation, fine-celled cross-linked polyethylene foam known for low water absorption and vapor transmission.
- Minicel® Polyethylene Foam – Sekisui™ Voltek™ brand of extremely fine-celled, chemically crosslinked foam, used when thicker foam is required.
Sponge Rubber / Neoprene, EPDM, SBR Blended Foam Tapes
Sponge Rubber Foams are closed cell products that are flexible and compressible, often used for long-lasting indoor/outdoor applications; sealing, gasketing, insulating, and weather stripping. Sponge Rubber Foam sheets are available plain or with acrylic or rubber adhesive in various colors, thicknesses and densities. Often referred to as:
- Neoprene Foam - chemical resistant
- EPDM Foam - UV ozone resistant
- SBR Foam - abrasive resistant
- EPDM/SBR Blended Foam - a combination of features
- EPT Ethylene Propylene Terpolymer - often blended with Neoprene or SBR offering fungus resistance
Urethane Foam Tapes
Urethane Foams can be open or closed cell, used for gasketing, insulating, cushioning, sealing and sound dampening. Urethane Foam sheets are available plain or with acrylic or rubber adhesive in various thicknesses and densities. Often referred to as:
- Microcellular Urethane Foam - open cell foam
- Polyurethane (PU) - open cell foam reticulated or non reticulated
- Polyurethane Ester Foam- open cell foam used for shock absorption and chemical resistance
- Polyurethane Ether Foam- open cell foam used in moist environments
- PORON® Urethane Foams - Rogers Corporation brand of high performance microcellular foams offering low compression and low outgassing
Vinyl Foam Tapes
Vinyl Foam Tapes are closed cell foams that are chemically resistant and low cost, used as gaskets to seal out light, air, dust and noise. Available with or without adhesive and various densities, Low Density LD (5-10#), Medium Density MD (11-15#) and High Density HD (16-25#). Often referred to as:
- PVC Plasticized Polyvinyl Chloride Foam
- EVA Ethylene Vinyl Acetate Foam
- Vinyl Nitrile Foam - generally of low density, resistant to oils and other fluids
- PVC/NBR Vinyl Nitrile Foam
- Cling Foam - used to hold in place without adhesive
More Foam Tapes
If an item is not listed, please Call MBK or Request Information (RFQ/RFI) for availability.
- Butyl Foam
- Ensolite Foams
- Nitrile Vinyl Foam - a durable closed cell that blends vinyl and Nitrile foam, often used for vibration dampening and shock absorption.
- Polyester Foam
- Polyether Foam
- Polystyrene Foam
- Polyolefin Foam
- Silicone Sponge