At MBK Tape Solutions, our experts work with you from design to final production to create an adhesive tape solution and custom production process that best suits your needs while reducing manufacturing costs. With over 45 years of experience, MBK Tape Solutions provides custom products in a timely fashion to meet and exceed customer expectations. Our ISO certification combined with using the latest technologies ensures consistent quality and dedication to continuous improvement.
As part of our converting capabilities, we offer a wide range of laminating services using numerous methods and materials to suit various industry-specific applications. From prototype to large-scale production runs, MBK Tape Solutions can deliver top-quality laminating services with quick turnaround times and adherence to strict industry standards and customer requirements.
Types of Laminating Methods Available
Laminating allows us to join together similar or dissimilar materials. MBK Tape Solutions also adds adhesive to raw substrates, to form single to or multi-layer solutions. Our multi-layer laminations can then be die-cut, slit, or sheeted for ease of use. Laminations are typically bonded using heat and/or adhesive.
Our laminating capabilities include a variety of laminating methods, such as:
Also referred to as single-sided lamination, one-sided lamination is a popular method to protect one side of a material while leaving the other side bare for additional processes, or applying an adhesive to that side.
This laminating method can protect or add adhesive to both sides of a material. Double-sided lamination provides materials with enhanced protection, durability, and product performance.
As an advanced laminating method, multi-layered lamination is used for material prep and when manufacturing a final product. Multi-layer lamination is commonly combined with other processes, such as die-cutting, for greater design flexibility and higher performance.
Adhesive laminating typically refers to a pressure sensitive adhesive to one or more sides. With this lamination method, one film material features an adhesive coating that laminates to a second film. Adhesive lamination can be used with multiple layers until the desired film structure is complete.
Heat lamination uses heat and pressure to activate or promote adhesion of PSA’s adhesives in a material, allowing the plastic coating to securely adhere to the material. Heat lamination offers a variety of heat settings to accommodate various materials.
Flame Bonding Lamination
During flame bonding lamination, one of the base materials is held to an open flame to create a tacky surface that allows it to mechanically bond with the second material. This laminating method is most commonly used with flexible materials such as fabrics and foams.
Design & Develop Your Product with MBK Tape Solutions
MBK Tape Solutions is a full-service company for all your lamination needs. From custom-designed solutions to product and process improvement, MBK is there for you at each step of your product's journey. Our team of laminating experts will work with you to bring your product vision to life, from concept through delivery. Our product development and design steps include:
- Concept. From new ideas to improving existing products or processes, MBK can help. MBK's laminating specialists work with you to help identify any challenges or areas for improvement.
- Design. During the design phase, our knowledgeable team of specialists works with your designers and engineers to determine the right materials and adhesives for your product design and ensures an effective delivery system and ensures an effective delivery system.
- Production. MBK's lamination team will choose the best converting technology for your desired material and results. Our custom manufacturing options accommodate your time-sensitive constraints and requirements.
- Delivery. Once your product is complete, MBK will package and deliver your product according to your specific requirements. In addition to our convenient delivery service, we offer delivery schedules and customized fulfillment programs.
Quality Laminating Services from MBK Tape Solutions
At MBK Tape Solutions, we offer best in class quality laminating services to meet client's needs for almost every imaginable industry. We utilize various types of lamination methods to accommodate a wide range of materials and product needs. Our team of experts will work with you from design to delivery to ensure your project runs smoothly and delivers the best possible results. To learn more about our laminating services, contact us or request a quote today.
Laminating Services Gallery
- Laminating Methods
- One Sided
- Two Sided
- Minimum- 0.250 in (6.25 mm)
Maximum- 60 in (1524 mm)
- Minimum- 1 ft (0.3048 m)
- Minimum- 0.0005 in (0.0127 mm)
Maximum- 2 in (50.8 mm)
- Number of Layers
- Single Layer
- Multi Layer
- Laminating Materials
- Adhesive Transfer Tapes
- Single Coated Tapes
- Double Coated Tapes
- Cloth / Fabric
- Magnetic Tape
- Release Liners
- Production Volume
- Minimum- 1 Unit
- Low Volume / Small Run
- Large Scale Production Volume / High Volume / Large Run
- Lead Times
- Quoted on Job by Job Basis
- 24 Hour Turn Around Time Available
- Emergency Services Available
- Rush Services Available
- File Formats
- AutoCAD (DWG,DWZ)
BMP - Bit Mapped Graphics
DXF - Drawing Interchange Format, or Drawing Exchange Format
GIF - Graphics Interchange Format
JPG or JEPG - Joint Photographic Experts Group
PDF - Portable Document Format
TIFF - Tagged Image File Format
APPLICATIONS AND INDUSTRIES
- Markets Served
- Building - Construction, Fenestration, Carpet, Glazing, Tile, Woodworking
- Display - Point of Purchase Display, Graphic Display, Signage
- Electrical - Lighting
- Electronics - Appliances, Computers, Telecommunications
- Entertainment & Hospitality - Exhibitions, Conventions
- Food Processing - Beverage, Agriculture, Fishing, Meat, Dairy
- Government - Aerospace, Defense, Education
- Manufacturing - Converters, Fabricators, Extruders, Furniture, Textiles, Machinery
- Medical & Health Care
- Printing & Labeling
- Personal Care - Beauty Care, Fashion
- Recreation - Athletic Goods, Sporting Goods, Arts & Crafts, Rubber Stamps, Toys, Games, Books
- Renewable Energy - Batteries, Solar, Wind
- Transportation - Aircraft, Automotive, Buses, Trucks, Trailers, Marine Craft, Recreation Vehicles, Trains
- Industry Standards
- ANSI - American National Standards Institute
AS - Aerospace Industry Standard
ASTM - American Society for Testing and Materials
CSA - Canadian Standards Association
FAA - Federal Aviation Administration
FDA - Food And Drug Administration
ISO - International Organization for Standardization
Mil - Spec-Military Specifications
RoHS - Restriction Of Hazardous Substances (Compliant)