Paper Tapes, include paper-backed tapes such as Flatback Paper, Crepe Paper, Tissue Paper, Fish Paper, Kraft Paper, Clay Coat Paper and are often used in masking, color coding, splicing, mounting, packaging and protecting. Commonly, they are referred to as Masking Tape, Drafting Tape, Artist's Tape, and Painters Tape. Selection is often based on temperature, holding power, and removability requirements.
Paper Products are available in economy to premium grades, low to high tack, different colors and sizes, plain or with acrylic, rubber or silicone adhesive on one or both sides in any combination.
Double Coated Paper Tapes
Double Coated Paper Tapes have adhesive on both sides and are typically used for their conformable properties.
- Tissue Paper Tape - a lightweight, strong, porous and translucent tape, often used for bonding and laminating. Also very conformable.
- Crepe Paper Tape - a slightly crinkled tissue paper.
- Flatback Paper Tape - a very smooth tape with medium to high adhesion that handles moisture and temperature conditions, typically used during the fabrication process.
Single Coated Paper Tapes & Masking Tapes
Single Coated Paper Tapes are a single coated tape with either a crepe or flatback paper backing, generally used for surface protection, holding items in place, light duty bundling and marking. Available in a variety of colors, sizes and grades, depending on performance and temperature requirements.
- General Purpose Masking Tape - crepe paper backing with rubber adhesive, typically used for paint masking.
- High Performance Masking Tape - generally used for outdoor use or high temperature applications.
- Drafting Tape - lower tack for holding drawings in place, and removing without paper damage.
- Artist Tape - a white, PH neutral acid free, repositionable flatback tape, ideal for masking errors, making corrections and holding prints in place.
Protective Paper Tapes
Protective Paper Tapes are single coated with a low to medium to high tack adhesive and typically used for surface protection or as graphic application tape.
More Paper Tapes
If an item is not listed, please Call MBK or Request Information (RFQ/RFI) for availability.
- Fishpaper Tape- a strong, flexible, fibrous dielectric paper, most often used for electrical insulation.
- Gummed Paper Tape - a medium weight Kraft paper that is coated with water-activated adhesive on one side, used for carton sealing and printmaking. Available asphaltic, non-asphaltic, reinforced or non-reinforced in all sizes.
- Kraft Paper - typically used in packaging and picture framing.
- Clay Coat Paper - a shiny non-porous paper used for interleaf liners or separators.