Product Development and Design
For over 50 years, MBK Tape Solutions has custom designed and manufactured adhesive tapes for component parts, assembly aids and end-user products for almost every imaginable industry. Our experienced team of tape specialist will help you develop and improve your products performance. Being a job shop in California, we are flexible and able to accommodate OEM, start-ups, and large scale companies.
From concept to production to delivery, we will work with you every step of the way. The guideline below lists the design and manufacturing process, plus the many options available. If we are not able to provide a service, then we will help manage the logistics offering you a seamless process. We are committed to quality products and providing our customers the best possible experience.
Production Process Guidelines: This video provides a brief guideline of the MBK order and production process, so that you will know what to expect and who to talk to.
Identify the Tape Need or Challenge
Whether you have an idea for a new tape product, want to improve or modify an existing product or want to reduce waste and material costs, MBK can help. In order to meet your requirements and design the most innovative and cost-efficient product, please provide the MBK Tape Specialists a description of the application includiing the following information.
Surface Types & Conditions
- Metal - Painted or Polished
- Plastics - Low or High Surface Energy
- Foam or Rubber
- Paper or Corrugated
- Surface Texture - Smooth or Rough
- Surface Contour
- Coated or Uncoated
Special Performance Requirements
- Peel Strength
- Shear Strength
- Temperature Exposure
- Sunlight / UV Exposure
- Chemicals / Solvents
Quantity and Estimated Annual Usage
- Order Quantity
- Estimated Annual Usage
- Completion of Total Project
2. PRODUCT DESIGN
Product Design & Testing
MBK Tape Specialists will work with your engineers and designers to provide you with the right materials and adhesives for your ultimate product design.
- Samples available upon request - usually shipped 1-2 days.
- Assist with customer prints and drawings - allow 1-2 days.
- Work with CAD files, DWG & DXF formats, to assist in the creation or modification of a design.
- Digital microscopy available for tracing and measuring parts and creating detailed annotated photos.
- Prototypes can be produced and tested.
- Order minimums may apply.
- Special order materials vary by manufacturer.
Custom Manufacturing Services
MBK will determine the converting technology best suited for the material and the desired results. Converting services incude rotary and flat bed die cutting, mulit-layer laminating, island placement, adhesive free zone, printing, slitting, rewinding, spooling and sheeting.
- Clean Room Manufacturing available.
- Clean room material processing
- Clean room packaging
- Class 100,000 (ISO Class 8)
- Lead Times are the quickest in the industry.
- Depending on materials availability and production schedules, lead times vary.
- Need the product yesterday! We will try to accommodate you and rush it through the process.
- Clean Room Manufacturing available.
Packaged & Delivered
MBK will package and deliver your product to meet your specific requirements. For your convenience, we offer packaging & delivery options for our customers and the end user.
- Ship in one large lot or in small releases per your request.
- Drop ship to your customers to keep freight costs down.
- Drop ship under your label to maintain privacy.
- Freight Terms - FOB Chatsworth
MBK offers you added flexibility on delivery schedules. Our customers are able to set up scheduled releases of products throughout the year.
- Provide vendor managed inventory systems.
- Ensures product availability at lowest cost to customers.
- Just In Time delivery.